General Awareness : Model Question Paper, Question Set - 15
1. The president of which of the following countries was accused of violation of “War Powers Act” of his country when he decide to attack Libya with other NATO countries in June 2011?
2. According to World Bank estimates, worldwide demand for water is doubling every:
A. 22 Years
B. 15 Years
C. 21 Years
D. 25 Years
3. …………..is used for the reclamation of acidic soil:
D. Calcium Chloride
4. Water from the undigested food is absorbed mainly in the:
C. Small Intestine
D. Large Intestine
5. The eye sees all, but the mind show us what we want to see the famous quotation was given by:
C. Sir William Hamilton
D. Johan Keats
6. How many countires took part in 28th Olympic Games?
7. Banks in our country normally publicise that additional interest rate is allowed on retail domestic term deposits of:
B. Married women
C. Senior citizens
D. Govt employees
8. Golden revolution refers to the development of:
9. Alexander the Great died in 323 B.C. in:
10. Which of the following is not the official language of the UN?
11. Who has authored the book Caesar and Cleopatra?
A. William Shakespeare
B. Charles Dickens
C. George Bernard Shaw
D. Mathew Arnold
12. The plant which traps and feeds on insects is:
B. China Rose
C. Pitcher Plant
13. RFLP (Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism) is:
A. Growth promoter
B. Molecular marker
C. Growth retardent
14. Gorkhaland Council, which was recently in news, is a body set up for administration of which of the following Districts?
15. In which city Suvarnbhumi International Airport is located?
16. The Silkworm is (a) A Caterpilla, (b) a Larva. Choose the correct option:
D. None of these
17. The song "Earth Passport" is considered to be the chart song sung in most languages. What is the number of that:
18. Which of the following types of accounts are known as ‘Demat Accounts’?
A. Accounts which are Zero Balance Accounts
B. Accounts which are opened to facilitate repayment of a loan taken from the bank. No other business can be conducted from there.
C. Accounts in which shares of various companies are traded in electronic form
D. Accounts which are operated through internet banking facilty
19. What is the proportion of the world population uses the Mandarin language as the first language?
20. Which amendments to the Constitution provide for the reservation of one third seats in the Municipal Boards and Village Panchayats for woment?
A. 73rd and 74th
B. 82nd and 83rd
C. 72nd and 3rd
D. 74th and 75th
21. Fat is completely digested in the:
C. Small Intestine
D. Large Intestine
22. The first Indian ruler who accepted Subsdiary Alliance offered by Lord Welleslay in 1798 was:
A. Nawab of Oudh
B. Nizam of Hyderabad
C. Nawab of Carnatic
D. King of Mysore
23. The food conducting tissue of a plant is:
24. Bats can sense obstacles because they produce:
A. Supersonic Sound Waves
B. Ultrasonic Sound Waves
C. Infrasonic Sound Waves
D. Micro Sound Waves
25. In addition to the rock particles, the soil contains:
A. Air and Water
B. Water and Plants
C. Minerals, Organic matter, Air and Water
D. Water, Air and Plants
26. How many characters are considered in the Chinese Language?
27. In the electroplating of gold the electrolyte used is:
A. Potassium Aurocyanide
B. Gold Chloride
C. Gold Sulphate
D. Godl Nitrate
28. Financial inclusion means provision of:
A. financial services, namely, payments,remittances, savings, loans and insurance at affordable cost to persons not yet given the same.
B. ration at affordable cost to persons not yet given the same.
C. house at affordable cost to persons not yet given the same.
D. food at affordable cost to persons not yet given the same.
29. Largest shareholder (in percentage shareholding) of a nationalised bank is:
D. Central Govt
30. Free flow of capital, goods and services is envisaged under:
B. Food Bill
D. Essential commodities Act
31. The Home Minister of India was recently on a visit to Bangladesh, where both the countries signed a Coordinated Border Management Plan (CBMP). What are the major points of this agreement?
A. The plan will help in resolving the long-pending border dispute between both the nations.
B. The head count of the people living in enclaves on the border will be completed within next six months time.
C. India assured that no BSF Jawan will open fire on the people crossing the borders unless there is an attack on them.
D. Both A & C
32. Global Positioning Systems are useful for:
A. Determining precise location (latitude and longitude) based on radio signal
B. Determining precise distance based on radio signal
C. Determining general pest system
D. Determining disease forecast
33. Who among the following is known as the the Father Of The Modern Olympics?
A. Spiridon Louis
C. Pierre De Coubertin
D. Hjalmar Anderson
34. Which of the following mountain is considered a natural boundary between Europe and Asia
A. Mountain Etna
B. Caucasus Mountains
C. Corcovado Mountains
D. Chimney Rocks
35. Which of the following is a correct statement?
A. State Bank of India is the sole authority to issue and manage currency in India.
B. A nationalised bank is the sole authority to issue and manage currency in India.
C. A cooperative bank is the sole authority to issue and manage currency in India.
D. RBI is the sole authority to issue and manage currency in India.
36. Which of the following statements containing results of Indias recent Census is not correct?
A. Kerala has about 94% literacy, the highest in India.
B. The sex ratio in India is 940.
C. Male literacy is lower than female literacy in seven most developed states.
D. Uttar Pradesh is the most populous State in India.
37. Process involved in the conversion of milk to curd is:
38. The record for the longest stay in space for a woman was set by:
A. Sunita Williams
B. Kalpana Chawla
C. Helen Sharman
D. Sally Ride
39. 2008 is declared as International Year of:
40. Agricultural scientist who got Nobel prize for peace:
A. Dr Norman E. Borlaug
B. Dr M.S. Swaminathan
C. Dr Hargovind Khorana
D. Dr Chandrasekhar
41. If the soil pH 9.2, then the soil is:
42. Which country is the second largest producer of cement in the world?
43. Which option best describes a tropical region?
A. Hot and humid
B. Mmoderate temperature, heavy rainfall
C. Cold and Humid
D. Hot and Dry
44. "Lay Up Short" is a term associated with which of the following game?
45. Which of the following schemes has been launched by the Govt. of India to provide an identity to its al resident citizens and also to identify people who are poorest, often the last to stand up to ask for their share in govt. schemes or lack identity?
A. Public Provident Fund Scheme
B. Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension scheme
C. Social Security Scheme for Gramin Dak Sevaks
D. Aadhar Card Scheme
46. Which of these is a modified undergound stem?
C. Sweet Potato
47. How many estimated languages exist?
48. The scientist who was assoicated with the foodgrain revolution and also won the Nobel Prize for Peace is:
A. Dr. M.S. Swaminathan
B. Dr. N.E. Borlaug
C. Dr. S. Chandrashekjar
D. Willy Brandt
49. The most important rabi pulse crop in India is: