Objectives of Sorting and Searching
Sorting is critical to many tasks. I will point out just a few, but they are characteristic of the kinds of things you use sorting for.
- To be able to explain and implement sequential search and binary search.
- To be able to explain and implement selection sort, bubble sort, merge sort, quick sort, insertion sort, and shell sort.
- To understand the idea of hashing as a search technique.
- To introduce the map abstract data type.
- To implement the map abstract data type using hashing.
Leave a comment